Monday, September 29, 2008

Squash ME!!

A few weeks ago I went to a RS Enrichment and for the 'Dinner Group', the theme was SQUASH!  I really didn't have any of my own recipes so I fervently searched for some ideas.  What I ended up doing was combining a few that I found.....  It turned out pretty yummy!! The best thing was that I did it all in the microwave. I did do it in a 'tupper****' , BUT I am not someone who thinks only one type of cookware works.... Any microwave safe bowl should work.




Squash Medley

1 med sized yellow squash diced or sliced (Zucchini would be wonderful too!)
1-2 garlic cloves chopped
1/2 bag of frozen peppers & onions (SUPER CONVENIENT)
1 tsp. italian seasoning
salt to taste
3 TBSP Butter

Start the microwave in 3 minute increments.

After 9 minutes I added 1 ripe tomato cubed.

Then I put it back in for 1 minute. But it depends on how you like your squash cooked. You don't want the squash super-smooshy, but not super-crunchy either. ENJOY!!!

No comments: