Monday, September 15, 2008

Jalapeno Poppers...YUMMY!!

This is more of an appetizer, but with football season coming up.....OOOHHH they are SO GOOD!!!

Here is what you need.....

20 jalapenos, cut in half lengthwise and 'gutted'...all the seeds and veins taken out
1 - 8oz brick cream cheese, softened
1 small can crushed pineapple, drained as much as possible
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
14 slices bacon, cut into thirds

If you like the peppers HOT, keep the veins in the peppers.  If you have some food gloves, you might want to use them when scraping out the veins, or use a spoon.  If you use bare hands, it will BURN LIKE CRAZY(like an hour later)!!!
Mix the cream cheese, pineapple, and cheese.  Scoop mixture into peppers.  You can either wrap the bacon around or just lay it on top like I did.  

Sorry, the pix are not the greatest, but believe me that the taste results were AWESOME!!!







ENJOY!!!!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Okay, now that the drool has been wiped off the keyboard... I'll have to give those a try sooner rather than later.

When we get enough recipes, I'll devise my weekly menu so I don't have to answer the zillion dollar question.

~Stacey

nevertheless said...

I can't wait to taste them!